Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI delivery time ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 08:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UMI delivery time ??

Ordered an adjustable TA w. DS loop on the 15th of March, I still haven't heard ANYTHING on it.

How long does UMI normally take on a part like this?
Old 03-30-2007, 08:59 AM
TECH Junkie

http://www.umiperformance.com/

Read the shipping notice. My torque arm took about three weeks or so.

-Mike
Old 03-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Launching!

i ordered my phr today but i need it for late April... umi is great but they are busy so plan ahead
Old 03-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Launching!

Took my phr about 2 full weeks. Just got it last week.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just figure on 2-3 week from the time you order to the time you get your parts.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
http://www.umiperformance.com/

Read the shipping notice. My torque arm took about three weeks or so.

-Mike
IF no shipping status is posted today, it'll be 11 full BUSINESS days since it was ordered.

It is my fault for not having it when I was ready (I was looking for a deal on an used one), I knew UMI was a little slow getting some things out the door. I'm not here to bash ... just curious how long it took some other folks to get theirs.

I have several UMI products on my car .. top-notch and I'm willing to wait. Problem for me is .... I just put the S60 in and I can't finish the install until the TA gets here .. it's been nearly 3 weeks and I wanna' drive it!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 11:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call them and ask if they can get it shipped quicker. I'm sure that they will work with you.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 BLK WS6
Call them and ask if they can get it shipped quicker. I'm sure that they will work with you.
Yep, please do this. Actually since it is Friday and we do not re-open our phones until Monday morning please PM me your name and I will look into. If its that old it is shipping any day... we are finally starting to get some what caught up. But like Mike said, we have the shipping notice posted on the site for a reason

Thanks!
Ryan
Old 03-30-2007, 04:58 PM
10 Second Club

PM sent !! But it looks like I might have missed ya'll .. I tried calling but the machine picked up

Last edited by junior28570; 03-30-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got mine the other day. I ordered it about a month ago. It took a while but the quality and fitment are both excellent.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:43 PM
10 Second Club

Default Update

I just heard from the vendor;

My adjustable TA SHOULD ship out this Friday. A full 16 BUSINESS days from the order date (order date not included). UMI's website says 5-8 business days. This apparently does not apply to adjustable torque arms.

Order EARLY from UMI!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Addict

my lca's panhard & torque arm took like over two weeks but i wasnt in a big rush they were behind on orders i heard.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You need to understand the season, this is RACING SEASON and everyone wants there parts and they want them now, we all wait until the last mintute as well which doesn't help. I do the same thing, its a human habit.

And to be truthful with you, UMI is not the only vendor that is behind on items this time of the year. I ordered a set a heads that took 2 weeks to come in, a cam that took a week and half that is usually a "in stock" cam and I just got a quote on a Strange rear end that is a minimum of 3-4 weeks to ship. I also tried to order some new displays for a trade show this month and they are on back order until 4-30-07.

We posted our ship times on the website for reason, they are approx. ship times. It clearly explains on our site there is a delay, at least we were courteous to put a shipping disclaimer on our site so customers may plan ahead.

Thank you,
Ryan
Old 04-04-2007, 03:54 PM
10 Second Club

still waiting on my TA, ordered march 14th. my tranny just got here today, so the torque arm is all i'm waiting for!
Old 04-04-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

i realized it was racing season if your referring to my response. i wasnt mad about it i understand i was just telling him it took a while.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Ok, things in life aren't immediate.... It'd be nice if they were, wouldn't it?

First off you should consider that orders you place might not be placed immediately with UMI (unless you order directly). I always send my orders to UMI the same day I take them, but no all companies do. I have no idea who you ordered from (and I don't care because it's not the point), but that might have been a few days added to the process right there.

Now, let's try and put a little different spin on things. Did you consider that many, many other folks are ordering parts from UMI as well? I'm guessing you chose their stuff for some particular reason be it quality, reputation, the fact Ryan shows his face here, etc..... When lots of folks do that, the result can be overwhelming. The old addage of being careful about what you wish for can be true. Things can get so good that you get behind. I know Ryan has brought on more people to try and get caught up. Bottom line a good product at a good price is in demand, and it takes time for that demand to be met. You aren't the only one buying parts.

I have no idea how old you guys are. Let's take a young age like 20 years old. That's about 7300 days of life. 16 days out of 7300.... That's not a long time. Actually it's about .002% of your life.

I assure you that ANYONE in business delivers as fast as possible. And I know Ryan is working on this because we've had discussions about it in person (as in face to face, not on the phone).

You could buy another product for more money. And that's likely to be in stock because most folks don't want to pay a lot more for something that's no better. You could buy something that's not as well built and likely get it faster. Let's face it, flimsy parts get a reputation and that tends to slow sales down. Or, and this is the common sense approach--Order early and don't have a cow when it takes time to get material, make quality welds, send out for powdercoating, get it back, pack and ship the stuff.

I like new toys as much as the next guy, but there is only so much time and work that can be done in a day, and unless you want cheap, underbuilt crap that's going to take some time.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-04-2007, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by junior28570
Problem for me is .... I just put the S60 in and I can't finish the install until the TA gets here .. it's been nearly 3 weeks and I wanna' drive it!!!
Wow this sounds familiar! lol I'm in the same exact boat bud! Waiting on more
UMI goodies from BYUNSPEED. I received the relo brackets and T/A crossmember, but I'm still waiting on the T/A, LCA's and PHR. The poor S60 is sitting right in place under the car just waiting to be bolted in!
Old 04-04-2007, 05:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I have no idea how old you guys are. Let's take a young age like 20 years old. That's about 7300 days of life. 16 days out of 7300.... That's not a long time. Actually it's about .002% of your life.

Actually, I'm 36 .. .. probably gonna be 37 before these parts get here!

AND ... it's 16 BUSINESS days, that's 3+ weeks (22 normal people days) no matter how old you are.

Fact is, I planned poorly knowing UMI's rep on delivery time. I ordered my axle from Strange WAY in advance just like Ryan .. I went with the 5-8 days noted on UMI's site and I cut it little closer than I wanted anyway but the EXTRA (not advertised) delay has cost me on the big end. S60 has been in and waiting on the new TA for over 2 weeks. If I had known it was gonna' be this far out, I could have put my stock TA in and went ahead and broke the new axle in.

No foul UMI .. I understand race season. It doesn't get my car on the road any quicker though.

Still waiting ... for quality parts from UMI
Old 04-04-2007, 05:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm sure if there was a magic TA making wand Ryan could wave--he would.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

I ordered mine March 13th and I was told mine just got shipped out tuesday April 3. They told me over the phone to allow 8-10 days for processing and then an additional 5-7 days to ship considering it's a "high demand" item. Of course I didn't know that until I called about a week and a half ago wondering where the hell my stuff that I had paid for was. My car has been sitting in a shop since about the time I called them. And to top it off, I have been getting charged a $25 a day storage fee while my car sits in a shop waiting for my torque arm and panhard bar. It is killing me!! I didn't see any thing on their site stating that the item i purchased is high demand and a special order. If that was the case, I wouldn't of sent my car into the shop so early. So it has been 22 days so far and still no part! I am very dissapointed now exspecially after hearing how good they were to deal with. Now I have a decently sized storage bill for my car sitting in this shop! Just had to vent!

Quick Reply: UMI delivery time ??