Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

HELP!!! installing sportline springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! installing sportline springs

i need help ASAP installing sportlines and cant get original spring separated from old spring and strut! any one please!
thanks
TJ
Old 04-05-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I take it that the nut on top of the shock shaft doesn't want to come undone. Lots of WD40 and an impact wrench will be your best bet here. I had to let it soak in for about 15-20 mins then took an impact wrench to it. Even then it would loosen only a little bit at a time so I kept loosening it then backing it off some them loosening it some more and the little bastard finally popped off. DON"T FORGET TO COMPRESS THE SPRING WITH A SPRING COMRESSOR FIRST!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Staging Lane

ok so i finally realized that the mount was rusted to the strut shaft so i had to make an unexpected trip to oreillys last night to buy new struts and mounts! i got it all put back together and it looks KILLER!!!!!
Old 04-07-2007, 05:30 AM
TECH Resident

I know what you mean as the threaded portion of the strut rod and nut did not resemble the description of such. Together they looked like a miniature badlands geological phenomena with those eroded earthen towers. I would imagine you had to hacksaw the end off or carefully burn the nut away.