Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

adjusting the PHB ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default adjusting the PHB ?

How the heck do you adjust. Its an Edelbrock single adjustable PHB. The passenger rear is too far in the wheel well and the driver side one is sticks out a bit. I thought I had adjusted it but I guess not. Do you they unadjust themselves? Any tips or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Daniel
Old 05-16-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to BMR to one up tomorrow, I'm in the same exact situation. I was going to talk with their techs in person to see how to do this when I buy the Panhard. If no one posts on this, I will when I get back to ya in the late afternoon.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Adjustable PHB's have a zinc plated adjuster located either in the center of the PHB or near one of the ends - depending on which mfg you buy it from. The adjuster is roughly 3-4" in length you you can turn it with your hand or with a wrench. Once the adjustment is complete then a set of jam nuts are tightened to secure the adjuster, and thus hold the position of the rear end.

To center the rear end, the car must be at ride height (meaning on the ground). Loosen the jam nuts. You need to measure the distance of the wheels with respect to the body (wheel well), you can use a plumb bob, and a scale or tape measure for this. If these LH and RH distances are off (don't match) then you need to adjust the PHB buy turning the adjuster accordingly and chech these measurements again until they match. Once you have it, then tighten the jam nuts - done.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

heres a good site that i found helpful. http://www.bmrfabrication.com/INSTALL/F-BODY_PHR.pdf
Old 05-16-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Yahelou
heres a good site that i found helpful. http://www.bmrfabrication.com/INSTALL/F-BODY_PHR.pdf
You beat me to it

BMR has the instructions with pics on their website. I used the link above to do the one on my old Z. It's really extremely easy! (the pics helped me )
Old 05-17-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I'll tackle this week-end.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got it almost centered. Its about an 1/8 of an in off. Close enough for me considering I just eye balled it. I didn't want to read instructions or the write up. I did put locktite though.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

ttt again i have a single adjust. bmr phb and mine is really off my pass side sticks out and the driver is far in. so do i adjust it on the ground? thanks
Old 12-02-2007, 04:35 PM
TECH Junkie

You need to jack it up to adjust it, then drive it a bit and let the suspension settle, then check the measurement on the ground. It usually takes 2-3 attempts to nail it. Once it is adjusted, a SA cannot move, since both ends are secured to the car.