Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
View Poll Results: What Springs Should i buy????
SLP 1" drop
12.50%
Wait for Strano's 1.2" drop
63.46%
Mac Progressive about 1"
0%
GMS Progressive 1.25"
10.58%
BMR Progressive 1"
13.46%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Buying new springs asap. HATE MY EIBACHS **POLL**

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 12:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1_Unleashed
Just got my strano springs, cant wait to get rid of my slp/eibach's. I'll post a before/after thread as soon as their on. Thanks for the fast shipping Sam.
Sure thing... please let me know what you think!
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 07-04-2007, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The SLP springs matched with Koni SA's is a verygood street combo IMO. Strano springs are TOO low for our everyday street driving. They are more suited for racing on a smooth road coarse and low stance showcar looks.

Here's my car with with the SLP spring/shock package installed. Koni SA's can drop front of car additional 3/4" if you elect to do so.

Last edited by gollum; 07-04-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to add I dont have Eibachs on my camaro but on my eclipse they are about 6-7 years old and they are saggin. My front end is about an inch off the ground. Looks good though just cant drive over anything.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh and on a lot of cars it seems the pro kits seem to sag lower than what they say. No long term experience with the Stranos but I def wouldnt go lower than his. What about Hotchkis? Its a 1" drop
Old 07-05-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by gollum
Strano springs are TOO low for our everyday street driving.
What do you consider too low? With longtubes the car is pretty low, but you can still get over speedbumps and out of hilly driveways. With stock headers the Strano springs are pretty damn safe for even rough roads.

What are you doing with your car, offroading?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

i have mid length headers and strano springs. i have ripped over train tracks, gone slow over huge speedbumps. and have not bottomed out once yet, with my eibachs, bottom out and everything. my exhaust, and my torque arm would scrape everytime i came into my garage and i would drive it at about a 70 degree angle. (they poured my pad to high)

with my straino i come it at like a 40-50 degree angle and dont even touch.

these springs are great, im still happy as hell with them.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Launching!

Strano springs... 1.2" lower and they have a good reputation of being really good. Don't buy another set of springs you don't like.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hated my Pro kit also, they had a soft sluggish feel to them and the car would easily bottom out. I have the Hitchkis springs on my T/A and really like them.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by shocker45
my city has terrible roads very rough,
In that case I would strongly encourage you to go back to stock springs
and get a set of Koni SA shocks, they allow you to lower the front end by
about 3/4", you can then do the heater hose mod on the rear end so your
car sits level

For a daily driven car it's really the best option

That's what I've been running and I wouldn't have it any other way
Old 09-19-2007, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

ive had my strano's with my bilstiens for almost 2 months, couldnt be happier. i absolutly love the feel of them on the street and at the track.

those eibachs were so shitty i wouldnt recommend them to anyone, i havnt bottomed out since i put my stranos' and i have about 3\4" more clearance.

i even cut a 1.68 60 ft time at the track with sam's springs lol, not even drag shocks.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

Yea the prokit sucks. I have them on my TA and the car has been sagging in the back in since they were new. The car handles great with em but they will beat the crap out of you. Ive proably allready busted the bilstein shocks on it to because it hits so hard. Ive got about 40,00 miles on the set up and its starting to get on my nerves. It even hits so hard my cd player skips even if i hit a pebble...lol This is a great post because you can get a lot of different looks at springs. Because back in the day all you really heard about was the eibach kits...lol
Old 09-22-2007, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

so with the Strano springs. Even with the bilsteins or Koni shocks. Do you get the god awful ride that you do with the prokit? I mean when you hit a lil bump it sounds like the back of your car is falling off.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls1snakebiter
so with the Strano springs. Even with the bilsteins or Koni shocks. Do you get the god awful ride that you do with the prokit? I mean when you hit a lil bump it sounds like the back of your car is falling off.
not at all the ride is amazing. they are a progressive spring and it feels close to stock. with all the performance of a great track spring.

the prokit was the worst spring ive ever experienced of any car.
and the strano's would be probabaly the best.

i have zero regrets about the switch.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

not at all the ride is amazing. they are a progressive spring and it feels close to stock. with all the performance of a great track spring.

the prokit was the worst spring ive ever experienced of any car.
and the strano's would be probabaly the best.

i have zero regrets about the switch.
OK Sweet, so it be a ton better even with the bilsteins? The pro kit isnt bad if you want the looks because you get that low deep look. It's just not what u want for a car on a american highway....lol This is a nice thread by the way and should help a lot of people wit their spring purchase in the furture.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Junkie

What shocks are you running? I think you have the firmer non-progressive bumpstops right? It might not be just the prokit that contributes to that. It could be a mix of a few things.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by z28bryan
What shocks are you running? I think you have the firmer non-progressive bumpstops right? It might not be just the prokit that contributes to that. It could be a mix of a few things.
bilstiens' not the revalves. same shocks i ran with the eibachs.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Not sure what the firmer non-progressive bumpstops are. Its the 1le suspension. All I know the bump stops almost ride on the rear end
Old 09-23-2007, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Not sure what the firmer non-progressive bumpstops are. Its the 1le suspension. All I know the bump stops almost ride on the rear end
when i had my eibach pro kit, i had less than 1.5" for the suspension before hitting the bumpstops. with the strano's its like over 3" and they are stiffer than the eibachs, i have not bottomed out once. even going over a speedlimit at 10-15 mph, where with my eibachs i had to stop.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

when i had my eibach pro kit, i had less than 1.5" for the suspension before hitting the bumpstops. with the strano's its like over 3" and they are stiffer than the eibachs, i have not bottomed out once. even going over a speedlimit at 10-15 mph, where with my eibachs i had to stop.
Cool that's my problem to i have so much sag in the springs they are right on them almost. The passenger side is worse than the driverside. Someone thought i had the sportline kit on my car before. I would really hate to see a sportline kit on one. So that's good you have that much clearance for the bumpstops now. Now you have a lil more suspension travel to work with.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Ok, someone help me out. I have the sportlines. They were on the car when I bought it. I also have stock shocks. My ride is terrible. I don't bottom out and I don't have problems scraping. The only thing I don't like is how rough the ride is. I was thinking I wiould be ok if I bought the HD's or the revalves. Am I wrong? My shocks have to be nearly non functional at theis point. If I buy the bilstein's will I not see an improvement?

Quick Reply: Buying new springs asap. HATE MY EIBACHS **POLL**