Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

FYI: Strano Performance Springs are in

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is so special about the Strano Springs? Does it have anything to do with Mr. Strano being a member or something? Sorry, I am also a little sour because I can't get springs and stuff, too poor.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to LS1tech! You'd think you'd do a little search before making that your first post on the boards, though.

Anyways, they're a perfect drop (for those of us that don't like slamming our cars), not overly stiff, but stiff enough to handle well with complementing suspension upgrades, save some unsprung weight, affordable, and made by a very good spring manufacturer. They also happen to be almost identical to the setup that Sam uses on his race-winning car.

Oh, and we all like to jump on the bandwagon of the latest cool product
Old 06-07-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by aliensRreal
What is so special about the Strano Springs? Does it have anything to do with Mr. Strano being a member or something? Sorry, I am also a little sour because I can't get springs and stuff, too poor.
They are the only spring that gives you a linear springrate of 550 front and 150 rear and about a 1.3 inch drop together without the need of going to more expensive coilovers. Also the fact that they are lightweight is icing on the cake. No other set of springs are currently available with that setup. I'll def pay an extra 70-80 bucks for that.

That's basically why I believe the strano springs are special compared to the others
Old 06-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DuronClocker
Welcome to LS1tech! You'd think you'd do a little search before making that your first post on the boards, though.

Anyways, they're a perfect drop (for those of us that don't like slamming our cars), not overly stiff, but stiff enough to handle well with complementing suspension upgrades, save some unsprung weight, affordable, and made by a very good spring manufacturer. They also happen to be almost identical to the setup that Sam uses on his race-winning car.

Oh, and we all like to jump on the bandwagon of the latest cool product
You are right, I should have done a search. Many threads have been created where these springs were talked about but in none stated what exactly was so special about them. Most of the threads were "vs" threads and people were bashing the opponent.

Thanks for the information from both of you though