Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

NEED HELP! peeps w/subframe connectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP! peeps w/subframe connectors

i bought subframe connectors from bmr and there the low clearance tubular kind, someone from my local bodyshop told me that im going to have to remove the interior if they weld to the floor pan so it doesnt start a fire!!

plz help anyone not sure if it welds to the floor pan or not cant really tell on the picture from bmr did yall have to???
Old 06-08-2007, 02:37 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by NHRArox
i bought subframe connectors from bmr and there the low clearance tubular kind, someone from my local bodyshop told me that im going to have to remove the interior if they weld to the floor pan so it doesnt start a fire!!

plz help anyone not sure if it welds to the floor pan or not cant really tell on the picture from bmr did yall have to???
No, you do not need to remove any part of the interior to install the subframes. If you have any other questions I can help you with please feel free to ask.

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 06-08-2007, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

I welded mine in with out removing any interior., with out any problems.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think the other side of that metal is the interior. There are a couple of layers for protection there. My interior didn't need to be removed.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Launching!

I have BMR boxed SFC's and I didn't have to remove the interior. The only thing is to watch how long you weld the front on the pass side. My floor was a little warm, but nothing to worry about. They made a big difference on my car. The fit and finish of the BMR SFC's is second to none. Thanks Lee. These are the ones I got from Troy. I'll be in touch for more stuff.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Launching!

I never had to remove the interior when I had my SFC's welded in place. Granted the part of the interior above where the SFC's were welded was hot, but it did not burn through.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:47 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

We sell and install a lot of BMR subframe connectors, and we never have had to worry about the interior. We drive the cars on to our four post lift so the cars weight is supported by all four tires, when we weld the subframe connectors. You don't want the car to be in a stressed position when you weld the sfc's. Bob