Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help! Quick question with picture:

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need help! Quick question with picture:

I am trying to remove the Torx nuts under the brake master cylinder. Without going through the process of removing the master cylinder, how much can I loosen it? Instructions say it can be done with just loosing it, but it seems I may need to pull it off the "black thing" quite a bit, is that ok? Will it leak or cause anything ot get messed up?

Old 06-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

You don't need to remove the master cylinder. Just loosen the nuts enough to be able to tilt it to the side so you can remove those two torx bolts. The master cylinder won't leak at that connection. Just be gentle when pushing it to the side so you don't damage a line. When you get those two torx bolts out, swap them with the passenger side so you don't have to go through this again.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Launching!

If what VIP1 said doesn't work, you can loosen the two nuts from the brake distribution block and porportioning valve, then remove the nuts holding the master cylinder to the booster (the black thing) and slide the assembly over towards the engine to get to those torx. I had to do that on mine.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Junkie

I removed both nuts from the MC and disconnected the reservior off those two studs and set it aside to get to the torx bolts. There's no fluid that connects between the reservior and MC, so nothing will leak. Just be gentle with the metal lines while muscling off the reservior.

And replace the passenger and driver's side bolts like VIP said. Hope your torx bolts come free unlike one of mine that I had to cut off.