Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni 4/4 adjustment knob

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Koni 4/4 adjustment ****

i installed a set of Koni SA 4/4s and strano springs.....only thing is there was no adjustment **** with the rear shocks. i called and asked for a new ****......last week, and still isnt here yet. question is this: what way do you turn to adjust for softness? ive heard 2 different answers, clockwise for soft AND clockwise for hard. can anyone check their **** or even post a pic so know where to turn until i get mine?
Old 06-21-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't have the **** in front of me but I do believe it's clockwise for hard and counter for soft.

Mike
Old 06-21-2007, 11:45 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Counterclockwise is firm (If I told you otherwise, I just mis-spoke). The mechanism inside is just like the fronts and they get stiffer as you go left to right (or counterclockwise) if looking from the top.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 06-21-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

thanks sam. ill try that and see if it doesnt ride like a tank anymore.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Resident

are all four front and rear adjustable or just the rears? Cause I swear I got the 4/4 kit and I only have tab for the rears to be adjusted. I have a little rubber nipple on the fronts, am I supose to take them off. Echo, what color or your shocks
Old 06-21-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

they are all adjustable, whether you have the 4/3 or 4/4. the colors are solid yellow. if you look at the top of the front shocks, youll see that there is what can be described as a window cut into a ring at the top of the shock. if you look at it, youll see. it coveres a little less then half the circumfrence of the shock. inside the window, youll see what looks like a **** with holes in it. that is your adjustment. stick a long allen key, no bigger then 2mm into the holes, and 'sweep' them left or right. right is stiffer, left is softer. most people run them about 4 sweeps FROM full hard. so take it all the way to hard, till it wont turn anymore, then back off 4 sweeps.

if you dont see the window in the shock, then either when you installed them or the shop that installed them didnt notice the position of the adjustment. happened to me, but i caught it before i put them on the car. if you really cant see or get to them, youll have to completely take it all apart and re-position the shock in the mount so that you can get at the adjustment.

Quick Reply: Koni 4/4 adjustment knob