Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

abs inop and tcs lights stuck on!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs inop and tcs lights stuck on!!!

The lights have come on before from doing a burnout or doughnut, which is what caused it this time, but I was able to reset the code by pulin the abs fuses and pcm fuses. That seemd to work last time and the light didn't come on until again when i did burnout, but I pulled the fuses and the lights did turn off, but then turn on again randomly whether or not I do a burnout or spin the wheels. Did I mess up an abs sensor or something???? Because I reset it twice and the second time the light stayed off for the first few startups and then it came on again for no apparent reason!!! I really don't like tcs at all, but I do want my abs to work!!

any suggestions?? If anything though...it's probably a rear wheel sensor right???
Old 06-29-2007, 11:37 AM
SCRWS6

same thing happened to me on my trip home, mines an 02, might be a different problem, but I had to let me car dry out, it was raining so much , I just think I had some bad seals .....
Old 06-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Launching!

Have the dealer run the chassis codes. If its a C0055, which doesn't come up in the service manual, then that's a rear wheel sensor failure, located on top of the differential. If you need a sensor, check out Vans Chevrolet in Scottsdale, AZ. They sell wholesale online only and you can get the parts you need cheaper than doing to a dealer and buying off the shelf.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rd_ls1_z
Have the dealer run the chassis codes. If its a C0055, which doesn't come up in the service manual, then that's a rear wheel sensor failure, located on top of the differential. If you need a sensor, check out Vans Chevrolet in Scottsdale, AZ. They sell wholesale online only and you can get the parts you need cheaper than doing to a dealer and buying off the shelf.
He has 4 channel. You described 3 channel. If you get the codes pulled to should tell you where to start looking could be a bare wire a bad sensor dont know without looking.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Sorry about the mix up, brain fart while at work....

Definately check the codes if you can from the dealer. It sounds like you still have brake pressure, so I don't think that the module has failed, or hopefully not, it's a $1000 part. And generally, if the module fails, as I've been told, the brakes lose pressure, plus it happened to my father a few years ago in one of this trucks....

If you don't have the time, and you want to test your sensors, here's the test from the GM service manual if you have access to a digital multimeter:

Disconnect the speed sensor (at the ends of your axles, picutre has poor detail, but you should be able to find them )
Check the resistance across the contacts of the sensor, should read 800 to 1600 ohms
Spin wheel, measure the AC voltage, should be 100mV
If these values match, check the connector for damage, check wiring for damage. Also check the connection of the intermediate harness to the body harness, located on body above differential.

I hope it's only the sensors in back, they're cheaper to replace than the module. Sorry again about the mix-up and I hope this is a bit clearer.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the help. I'll check on that.