Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lets talk about: RIDE QUALITY...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 08:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greggy
lower air pressures.

When it gets hot out the air pressure in the tires can rise drastically. I found that 32psi front and 29psi rear @ 70* tire temp. is good for wear, handling and ride. I hated my ride with just one or two psi more when it got hot out. Your setup might be different though.
I've had my tires as low as 30F / 28R. The softer tires I got (BFG g-Force) in an attempt to lessen harshness allow for some disconcerting whole body yaw sway. Lower psi just exacerbates it.

And oddly, I'm now up to 34F / 32R and I don't really notice much difference in harshness from the lower pressures.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

For those who weren't crazy about their Koni's and the stock springs..... Where did you have the shocks set, primarily on the front? Remember the are adjustable, and overdamping yields more feel, but also a less compliant ride. If you had the shocks and didn't really try different rebound settings then you didn't really use the shocks to tune the ride/handling as you could have.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-09-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should not have said I hated the ride quality with more than 33/29 psi tire pressures. I HATED the highway ride on my worn out Bilstein HD's and stock springs. I felt it was a little dangerous due to the lack of road feel and body control.

The Koni's as with any shocks, do stiffen up with sub 40* temps., and the tires will cause a rough ride if the pressures get too high due to hot temps.

When the car is dialed in with correct pressures for the tires and correct adjustment setting for the Koni's, the ride and handling is awsome!

This is with Goodyear GS-D3 245-50R16 tires and Strano's springs and swaybars...well actually a 21mm solid GM rear bar.

Quick Reply: Lets talk about: RIDE QUALITY...