Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What do you guys think of this bilstein kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default What do you guys think of this bilstein kit?

This should have everything i need to get started right and with a price tag of about 800 possibly with the install? What do you think I'd end up paying to put these in? I could never do it myself and bilsteins are the best out there correct or am i sorely mistaken? I'm looking for a 1-1.5" drop too and i think this kit gives you that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-94...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-02-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blistein can be good. The best under a grand is Konis SA, if your using lowering springs I would get Konis SA these shocks don't look like they can handle a 1.5 inch drop.

Koni SA 725+shipping
And Sam Strano springs

A+!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many people run this combo

If your poor skip the springs and do lower perch hose mod for about 3/4 inch drop and great ride! And mor eground clearance
Old 07-02-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by coolformula
Blistein can be good. The best under a grand is Konis SA, if your using lowering springs I would get Konis SA these shocks don't look like they can handle a 1.5 inch drop.

Koni SA 725+shipping
And Sam Strano springs

A+!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many people run this combo

If your poor skip the springs and do lower perch hose mod for about 3/4 inch drop and great ride! And mor eground clearance
money is no issue. i just want the best for the price and something that will last a long time. i thought these might be it. thx for the input...anyone else?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

This comes up with regularity. Note that I sell Bilstein products--but I won't use the BTS kit. Bilstein does not make a Sport valved damper for this car, hence the reasons we Revalve Bilstein's or use Koni's. But here you have a kit claiming to be "matched". It's really not true, if it was you'd see Sport valved shocks for sale for folks how already have other springs from other companies. Just look @ the catalog they tell you HD's aren't for lowered cars, and they make Sports for most every other car with any kind of performance capability, but not the 4th gen.......

Further, the springs they are using are just too stiff primarily in the rear. Springs stiffer than I think they should be, and shocks not tuned up to handle even "in between" spring rates doesn't result in the best package.

You truly get what you pay for, which are a set of HD's (and what's worse is they changed the rear shocks and went the wrong way on the valving) and a set of so-so lowering springs. I can do that for you for about the same price. HD's and a set of mediocre springs would keep you in the $550-600 range, but you'd still have junk IMHO.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have the money get Koni SAs. They're expensive, and I didn't go that route because I could not justify spending that kind of money right now. I got the Hotchkis springs and Bilstein HDs. They really are just fine for the street, though I don't doubt you could do better for more money.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok thx guys