Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering ride on 18x9.5, and wanting the "raked" look..

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering ride on 18x9.5, and wanting the "raked" look..

What do you guys suggest? I want to lower my car and get that classic muscle car "raked" look. I'm thinking about the Eibach prokit but i'm worried about rear spring sag as expressed in the sticky...

Also, i have 18x9.5 06 corvette rims that already rub (but barely ) on my inner fender wall.

What are my realistic options based on this ? Thanks guys.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:14 AM
Teching In

I have been researching springs for the last few months, and from all info I could find, Sam's Springs give the best stance, and I havent read anything about them sagging or any negative comments at all to be honest. I just got my set in on friday and may end up putting them on tommorow, unless I talk myself into buying some new shocks. I didnt plan on it, but I had to cut one of my front shocks and I really dont want to have to buy shocks twice. So it looks like Im going to bite the bullet and put a set of revalves on order from Streno as well.

I will post pictures if I get everything put together.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Restricted User

You could just get front springs and remove the rear isolators on the stock rears. That would only lower you 3/4" in the rear. 1-1.5" up front would give you that musclecar stance.

As for sag, as long as you don't get Eibach springs, you shouldn't have to worry about it.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:38 AM
12 Second Club

[IMG][/IMG]

18in rims with Qa1 shocks. Have stock springs in the back so it does sit a bit high which i'm fine with for now. I had revalved bilstein's/prokit before this and the car sat level never had a problem with it sagging.

Quick Reply: Lowering ride on 18x9.5, and wanting the "raked" look..