Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

prokit question

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prokit question

Ok i'm going with a prokit but do i need to buy anything else when lowering the car? relocation brackets etc. Also what about shock/struts are they a must with the prokit. I dont car if my car handles like its on rails etc. If it drives like stock its fine with me. Not going with konis or anything cause i take the car to the track often but not looking to turn it into a drag car thats why i'm not doing coilovers etc. Should i get a set of kyb adjustables maybe or?
Old 07-05-2007, 09:27 AM
11 Second Club

ttt...i know everyone is going to say should have gotten strano springs etc. I'm not looking for the car to handle better. Liked the spring rates of the pro kit because they are soft enough not to kill me at the track. Like i said in the beg just looking for something to handle close to stock
Old 07-05-2007, 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

ttt.....
Old 07-05-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

KYB's, from what I hear are not a good shock. I didnt like em on my other car. At very least get the revalved stranos. The stockers wont hold up long with a prokit drop. Then the ride really will suck. You def shuold get an adjustable panhard bar and think about relocation brackets for the back. The fronts should be ok. They may not align to spec but if you really wanted you could get adj upper control arm and that would get em in spec.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

i need more of a softer front shock for drag racing. Want an adjustable to go from soft to one with a better ride