Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pedal is soft after SLP line lock install???+more?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pedal is soft after SLP line lock install???+more?

We bleed the brakes and it felt spongie afterwards. So we rebled them again and again. Still a spongie pedal. So i take the line lock out and use the stock brake line again. At first it felt no different. Then as I drive home I notice that I have the normal brake pedal feel. Could there be a problem with the line lock??? Also I noticed that my front wheels will not roll when off the ground. You can't push the wheel cause the brake pads seem to rub almost continuously. I have power slot rotors on if that makes a difference? Should they be dragging or should the wheel spin freely? Both sides do it. Could this be my missing 1.5MPH?? The drag from the front rotors? If so how do i fix that problem? Is there a way to adjust them somehow?
Old 05-11-2003, 12:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Pedal is soft after SLP line lock install???+more?

The front rotors and calipers are not adjustable. They will drag somewhat, but it should not be that bad. You may have air in the ABS module after bleeding the brakes, that may be the spongy pedal. I suspect that you could put the line lock back in and rebleed the brakes. If the air is too bad, you may need a dealer with the tech 2 tool to bleed them. There have been other threads on here about proper brake bleeding for these cars...Good luck!
Old 05-11-2003, 10:05 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: Pedal is soft after SLP line lock install???+more?

You need to cause an ABS event. This will cycle the ABS solenoids and give you a firm pedal.That is why you got a firm pedal after you drove it home.

Quick Reply: Pedal is soft after SLP line lock install???+more?