Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

POR-15 question

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POR-15 question

Hey all, I have a set of Brembo blanks on the way, and I wanted to paint the hats with POR-15. I was on their web site and they have a few different products. My question for those of you who have used the stuff is which products did you use? They have a starter kit with all the prep stuff, the por-15 by itself, and they have some high temp paints, which appear to be a different product than the POR-15 itself. I want to do this the right way so any advice is greatly appreciated, especially from those of you who have used the product with a good outcome. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I used it for the same thing. I love that stuff. I think that it only works good if you paint it on already rusted surfaces though. I did the rear and some other suspension pieces as well. I usually poor some into another cup and brush it on. Looks great when done. Should be topcoated also since they say it's very sensitive to UV.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You just need a good prepped surface for it to stick well like any paint. I sandblasted my 10bolt then brushed on some por15 and it stuck great you couldnt get it off unless you grinded it or sanded for awhile.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

POR-15 should work just fine for what you want...I'd rough up the surface with some pretty low-grit sandpaper just to make sure it sticks. Also, since it will be seeing sunlight, I'd topcoat it with one of their products...otherwise, it'll fade on you.

Honestly, what I did for my rear Baer Eradispeeds was I painted the center flat black with a spray can, and then used some of their Glisten PC to topcoat it, which is very hard, and makes the finish very shiny.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:08 PM
12 Second Club

you could also get the kits that they sell at the parts store for calipers.
duplicolor makes it and its ceramic.
i think they are about 20$ for the kit and comes with a brush , cleaner ,tape and some other ****.
and it wont fade mine hasent for about 2 years
Old 07-12-2007, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the replies, my rotors just came in from Strano, and I'm hoping to get them on the car soon. I was considering caliper paint, but wasn't sure it would hold up to the heat of the rotor, thanks for the info. Anyone else with some usefull tips?

Quick Reply: POR-15 question