Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need help with suspension!! want to get rid of my sportlines!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with suspension!! want to get rid of my sportlines!!

I curently have eibach sportlines! I love the looks but hate the feel!! im about to order my 9inch and i already have my UMI stuff (panhard bar, LCA's relos for LCA's, 3 point sub frame connectors and my tunnel mounted torque arm!) just waiting to be put on. but i know that the sportlines will mess up my 1/4 mile times! so im looking for some advice! I want something thats going feel and look nice but wont really mess with my 1/4 mile times! Is there such a thing? I need your help felas!!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk to Sam Strano about his springs.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I (and most everyone who has them) love my strano springs! Their higher rate allows lowered ride height w/out the horrible ride of most lowering springs. The ride is firm, but IMHO less harsh than even stock springs. It rides like a sports car should. It is very contolled under braking (significantly less brake dive) and corners confidently. Also during acclereation there is less squat/nose up bobbing-it just moves forward!

As you may have guessed I'm more of a road racer than a drag racer, but I think there are a few guys running these (w konis) and cutting respectable 60' times.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

Stranosprings w/koni SA shocks. I have the 4/3 setup (4th gen fronts and 3rd gen rears) and I love the ride. The 4th gen shocks are adjustable on the car and the 3rd gen shocks have to be taken off the car to adjust. But i dont mind it at all, so its up to you.