Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Holy crap Koni DA's at TireRack for $225!!??

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boodyrider: Point #3

Damned good observation. Spot on and well deserved criticism. I will most certainly factor that in, in the future, all be it not here. Thanks for the help.

Greggy:
My sense of humor is Sahara desert dry. Sarcasm is my vehicle of choice. You too are correct and I don't hide my feelings except in dry humor and sarcasm. It's my coping mechanism, I guess.

What does elude me is where I insulted your experience. Is it the comment about laziness and spoon feeding? It was intended to be rhetorical and not directed. But, bottom line is It was real to you and that's what is important. Please accept this public apology.

Standing on an island with artillery being lobbed from all directions is never a fun spot to be in. Taking the public stand I do is not a popular one. But I didn't register here to be popular, rather to learn.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not insulted, just making some observations.

Thanks for the apology just the same. I do see your point about spoon feeding...

Understanding is alot better than doing something because someone tells you too.

Sorry about the bashing... standing down weapons.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Point, set, Mitch, I mean match.
Information is far more usefull than saying "No, no, buy this!"
Tech is not a way to sell stuff. Knowledge will. Sam has lots of knowledge.
But, I see him at odds with others often. Usually because there are many way to get "there". Whether its autocrossing, straight shots, or 600hp.
One size does not fit all. The fact that Sam stated that the DA's are good for extra unsprung weight is a usefull statement. Complaining that Tirerack was not "playing by the rules" wasn't. As a customer, I don't care if Tirerack isn't fulling a agreement with Koni if I get a good price on something I want. I may very well end up with a set of SA's in the future. But, I don't know that I will follow the herd to buy them. I have a big brake kit on the front. I may change it to a Z06 set up instead.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mitchntx
Get in line and follow the Pied Piper or do it yourself.
BTW, Mitch, lobbing that one and then crying about somebody else "namecalling" later seems a bit hypocritical too. You may argue that it was "directed at no one in particular ...", but over the years and across multiple boards, every time it comes up the one and only target is always the same, and you know exactly what will follow.

Let me see if I can summarize. The script never changes.

Mitch: Attempts to lob out some transparently-subtle insult slightly "under the radar".

Sam: Responds in kind, though less subtle.

Mitch: "Look how childish Sam is being."

Sam: Takes the bait, falls right into Mitch's trap, and gets pissed off exactly as Mitch intended.

From that point, each will just keep handing the other ammunition. Then, eventually, the thread will be locked.

Now, I've been helped by and argued with both Sam and Mitch. In any given discussion, either or both may raise valid concerns ... but that's not the point. I'm not defending either one.

My sense of humor runs a bit arid too. Nevertheless, this isn't humor; it's just tactics - again.

Last edited by sgarnett; 09-07-2007 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sam will rise to the bait anytime anyone states something he does not like. It can be correct but not sams way. Then Sam and all his supports pile on. What ever you dont tell anyone where to get something cheaper than sam sells it.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Mitchntx, anyone with half a brain can translate your sarcastic remarks to being insulting. Sam defended himself naturally as I would probably too.

Everyone should take a step back and toss out all the past crap and focus on the facts and people's opinions and respect what is said. No one cares about who doesn't agree with who nor how much you've disagreed in the past and how many years it goes back.

I have konis and strano springs and listen to Sam's advice most of the time. Contrary to what has been said, I have learned about suspension this way. Only difference is I started out with a good setup instead of going around trying different setups which I don't have the time or money to do. And now I'm winning the events that I set up my car for, which is all that matters to me.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:06 PM
TECH Junkie

And another thing. The next car I get to autox with, I'll have a clue on how I want the car to handle since I've learned a lot from my own setup.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sean, I can lob similar "insults just under the radar" to others, but Sam is the only one that it seems to be personal. MOst everyone else understands the "humor". :dunno:

I have tried numerous times to make nice with Sam. But, it takes 2 and a single person can only make so many attempts before one just gives up.

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Mitchntx, anyone with half a brain can translate your sarcastic remarks to being insulting. Sam defended himself naturally as I would probably too.
Now you see ... that is a perfect setup for another "lob just under the radar". But I shall refrain.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

This thread has run its course.

Quick Reply: Holy crap Koni DA's at TireRack for $225!!??