Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

TA hitting tunnel area under car with my tourque arm, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007 | 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

Default TA hitting tunnel area under car with my tourque arm, need advice

So is there anything I can do to prevent this. Not really sure what all I could do besides beat out the metal to give it more travel or go with different springs. I have prokit springs on a 9" with KA adjustable shocks. I know the progressive rate on the prokit are not the best making them more spongy then say some DMS or Strano springs....which Im looking into. Just wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue and what they did. Thanks!
Old 08-15-2007 | 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

no one? Oh and its Koni shocks not KA. Anyway just seeing if anyone had this issue and what they did to fix it. I have my Konis pretty firm, they could go a little more. I really think my main issue is with the rear prokit springs. Over all there a ok spring but just not the best. I need to get something firmer back there to hang with all the other rear suspension I have already done.
Old 08-15-2007 | 10:31 PM
FormerVendor

Any vehicle with a 9" rear is going to do this. The vehicle being lowered makes it worse, it brings the tunnel area closer to the torque arm. On a 9" rear end the torque arm mount is closer to the drivers side, this is why the torque arm is closer to the tunnel now. Denting the floor is a good fix.