Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

C5 Brake Conversion Brackets SHOWDOWN

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by touch
i dont havent heard anyone doing this but im going to try the c6 calipers with the z51 brackts and rotors.. does anyone see me having problems . i currently have 18in oz rims..
I have a compete C6Z51 conversion on my vette, and I can tell you check your wheel clearance before buying the parts.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to kore3 web site and download a .pdf templet to verify wheel clearence...esp where the caliper contacts the wheel spokes..
Old 01-11-2008, 09:18 AM
TECH Veteran

The LG web site used for customers to order "C5 brake brackets" is messed up.

I ordered them and received a call weeks later saying they would not sell them to me at the price listed on their web page. They never corrected their web page and their customer service is extremely poor. I kept getting responses to phone questions like, "I can't help you now since the owner is racing his Corvette at Watkins Glenn; who cares?

Anyway, I got the brackets and they bolted right on. No issues so far.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

You guys might look at this link. It has great pics of all three designs. It looks pretty clear which one is the strongest.
http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?showtopic=10922
Old 01-14-2008, 04:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Well, the LG brackets are very light weight aircraft aluminum.

I'm using them with C5 rotors, F-body abutement (e.g., brake pad) brackets, f-body calipers and f-body pads. They work great. Make sure you use thread locker, however.

Anyway, these brackets have lots of options. For example, you could use C5 rotors, c5 calipers, c5 abubtement brackets, C5 pads.

Another option would be to use C5 rotors, C5 abutement brackets, c5 pads and F-body calipers.

In other words, the bolts holes for the (1) C5 and F-body abutement (pad) brackets, and (2) C5 and F-body brake calipers are the same.

I talked with the LG Motorsports guy a few times to confirm this but you should do the same before ordering anything.

I used the f-body calipers because they have larger caliper pistons; I have not had any front/rear bias issues.

As mentioned before, LG brackets do not require any spindle cutting.

Quick Reply: C5 Brake Conversion Brackets SHOWDOWN