Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

OK, opinions on springs...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, opinions on springs...

...now that I'm going with Sam's suggestion and getting Koni's on all 4 corners.

I've got a set of SLP springs (Eibach 300/450, IIRC) that are halfway on the car...but with the Koni's, I wonder what my best option is.

Should I put the linear stock springs back on and drop the front with the lower perch, or should I go with the Eibachs on the top perch?

As far as the other tuning tool...what tire pressure should I run? I've got Fuzion ZRi on all 4 corners now (couldn't afford high $$$ tires when I got wheels at the same time) running 32psi front and 30 rear. Seem to be pretty good with the previous setup (SLP Bilstein shocks, stock springs), but the sidewalls seemed to flex a little more than expected.

Thoughts?

Byrdman
Old 09-19-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

what are your goals for the car? DD, twisty's, some drag? comfotable all around (which is what it sounds like..) ?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
what are your goals for the car? DD, twisty's, some drag? comfotable all around (which is what it sounds like..) ?
Good question...I forgot to put it my expectations.

Its not a DD; but I'm not building a track car, either. I'm wanting something to play in the mountains with, take on trips, and do cruises. The flexibility that the Konis provide with good ride and throwing it around some corners is the main reason I went with them; I just wonder (after some searching here) if the linear factory springs might be better than the progressive SLPs.

Byrdman
Old 09-19-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

There isn't really anything wrong, IMO, with non-linear springs except that they are difficult to control. But the Konis are more than capable. Also, I feel that having such good dampers makes the stock springs feel real soft.

I'd say stick with SLP Eibachs you have or go with something even stiffer (sam's springs)
With the konis, the ride will not be harsh and the handling will be supreme.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

I'd love to go with Sam's springs, but this car isn't getting any more money spent on it unless its gas, insurance, or state inspections this year.

Thanks for the info...
Byrdman
Old 09-19-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Junkie

I would personally just use the SLP springs for now. Since you aren't tracking the car, I'd just try to save money and use something like stock springs for the most optimal comfort. You aren't tracking the car so you don't really anything that gives you an edge, just a comfortable ride.