Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Using C5 Rotors on F-Body LS1 Calipers - Can it be done & what is involved??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using C5 Rotors on F-Body LS1 Calipers - Can it be done & what is involved??

I read in the brake faq that these rotors are 13" as opposed to stock 12". faq makes it sound like one can use the bigger rotors on the stock fbody calipers?

What would be the benefits of running a bigger rotor?

will these fit under 17" wheels?
Old 09-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 188 Likes on 142 Posts

You need an adapter to move the caliper further outward to fit the larger rotor. If you do some searching (or check out some sponsors, ex: UMI & LG) you'll find more info.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depending on what brackets you use you may need longer (C5) brake lines.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by White_LightningZ
I read in the brake faq that these rotors are 13" as opposed to stock 12". faq makes it sound like one can use the bigger rotors on the stock fbody calipers?

What would be the benefits of running a bigger rotor?

will these fit under 17" wheels?
Ok so heres what I did on my 2000 Z28 Camaro. I work at a mom and pops part still and I was able to get everything very cheap myself..plus i haggled my buddy out of his Z06 vette calipers because he bought a new brake system. I bought the calipers for 50 bucks..striped them of their paint, bought caliper rebuild kits from the dealer ship cause Raybestos ddnt make them at the time, repainted them with Matrix paint(after 2 years they still shine like new if I clean the brake dust). So all you really need is the brackets from LG Motorsports(keeps from having to cut the spindle). You can either use the C5 calipers Or just the stock calipers cause GM rules like that. The rotors that I use are the Raybestos Brutestop series line, Part number BR56700R and a BR56701L. They were like 60 bucks walk in price a piece and they look and work awesome. But the stock brake hoses work fine with no mods. If you have any questions or want pics hit me up

Quick Reply: Using C5 Rotors on F-Body LS1 Calipers - Can it be done & what is involved??