Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brakes and Rear end install question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Brakes and Rear end install question.

Fellas, I still have parts to install (sig), next up is UMI C5 front brake kit, new rear calipers/ rotors/ brake pads install, and a 12-bolt rear end. I probably won't get to the heads until next spring.

I was wondering if I should just install all the brakes first, bleed them, and break them in a little, get them squared-away first (before installing the rear end)? Or should I try to tackle the brakes and rear end all at once? I'm thinking I could have the car up on 4 jack stands, do the front brakes, remove the rear brakes completely and the rear end, install the rear end and new rear brakes, then bleed the system while it's still up on jack stands?

How would you guys tackle a brakes and rear end install. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

well you dont want to break in a new rear end hard. i say get your brakes on first and get them broke in, then tackle the rear after that. also spreads the work out a little, your car wont seem like it is down forever.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks Sunset'01Z, that was my original plan until the idea of doing it all-at-once popped into my head. I didn't like the fact that I'd be installing the new rear brakes on the 10-bolt, and then having to remove them when I install the 12-bolt. Other than that I have no problem just installing all the brakes. I think that's what I'll do. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Brakes and Rear end install question.