Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bleeding Brakes w/ Line Lock need input

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007 | 12:17 PM
Internet Mechanic

Default Bleeding Brakes w/ Line Lock need input

Hey guys, I am installing a SLP line lock in a few days on my 02 T/A. I have bleed brakes before but never on a 4th Gen Fbody. Any special technique needed?

Since we are disconnecting the the lines for the front 2 brakes, are those the only ones that need to be bleed? Starting with the longest one out (passanger front) and working over to driver front brake? Any special technique? I will have a helper, ill loosen the fitting, he will be pushing pushing on the brake, then I'll tighten, refill, repeat until a constant stream, correct??

I dont beleive I have to do all lines, correct? With the block for the brake lines block, I wasnt too sure.

Any other pointers appreicated, I need it asap.
Old 10-01-2007 | 08:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

When I installed mine I just bled the fronts. It's just like doing any other car as far as I'm concerned
Old 10-01-2007 | 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah i made my own custom set up and just bleed the two front, just have him pump it 10 times at a moderate pace and have him hold it while you bleed it out and tighten it up before he lets go, or else you'll suck in air back to the system.

mine just in case your interested on how it looks
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/764279-new-linelock-setup.html
Old 10-02-2007 | 05:26 AM
Internet Mechanic

Sweet, thanks guys. I thought so but I would rather confirm 1st and I apprecite the replies.

We have a car that we can use as a model to match it all up to, here is a pic. But that other spot behind the strut tower is very stealth!!

Old 10-02-2007 | 09:59 AM
12 Second Club

Do you have to worry about getting air in the ABS module? Isn't there some special technique to getting the air bubbles out of the ABS?