Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

drag style brakes for street?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default drag style brakes for street?

i was at a shop a few weekends ago when i saw a procharged LT1 car with some aerospace brakes. not sure if thats the name. basically what im looking for is a brake setup that i wont have to grind for prostars. is that possible or not? fwiw drilled and slotted rotors were on there car and quite nice looking

Last edited by stevensLS1; 10-08-2007 at 05:03 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd suggest Strange over Aerospace brakes. Lighter, higher quality machining, and replaces the entire hub assembly. Strange may be more expensive, but with the aerospace brakes, your essentially paying for an expensive rotor and caliper. Strange replaces the entire hub assembly, bearings, longer studs which you'll need for your wheels...overall, a better product.

Let me know if you need additional help with the brakes.

If you haven't purchased the wheels yet, we build our Bogart wheels to directly fit your stock calipers/rotors/pads. I can help you with our wheels also.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
I'd suggest Strange over Aerospace brakes. Lighter, higher quality machining, and replaces the entire hub assembly. Strange may be more expensive, but with the aerospace brakes, your essentially paying for an expensive rotor and caliper. Strange replaces the entire hub assembly, bearings, longer studs which you'll need for your wheels...overall, a better product.

Let me know if you need additional help with the brakes.

If you haven't purchased the wheels yet, we build our Bogart wheels to directly fit your stock calipers/rotors/pads. I can help you with our wheels also.
i love yall wheels and i eventually want to get a set but looking to get those mainly towards the end. do you guys sell the stange stuff if so can you shoot me a pm of prices? thanks
Old 10-08-2007, 09:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes we do, braided lines as well as the brakes. We do not use PM's nor have them turned on. I'd be happy to discuss questions or concerns you may have. Give me a call at our business line.

If you are only looking for prices, they are listed on the website in the braking section. There is a difference in price between the brand you were considering and Strange products, there is also a night and day difference in product design as well.

You'll also need a ABS delete kit.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
yes we do, braided lines as well as the brakes. We do not use PM's nor have them turned on. I'd be happy to discuss questions or concerns you may have. Give me a call at our business line.

If you are only looking for prices, they are listed on the website in the braking section. There is a difference in price between the brand you were considering and Strange products, there is also a night and day difference in product design as well.

You'll also need a ABS delete kit.
alright thanks man!! ill be looking into that within a few months. just wanna do some research before hand . ill definately give you guys a call when im ready.