Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What the hell is my brake noise??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:30 PM
What's a Sticky?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What the hell is my brake noise??

I just installed brand new drilled/slotted rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, and new (rebuilt) front calipers. I am getting a noise from the left front while driving. The only way to describe it is it sounds kinda like a rotor rubbing on a dust shield or something like that. It kinda sounds like "ch ch ch ch ch" Everything is new and I cannot figure out why I am getting this noise. All slider pins and brake hardware is all greased properly. Only the drivers side does this. The passenger side is fine. I can even tell when I have the car jacked up and just spin the wheel by hand.

I was thinking maybe its a collapsed brake hose that is keeping a little pressure on the pads, but the wheel still spins as free as the other side. Any thoughts? This is getting a little frustrating

Last edited by 97MysticZ; 10-08-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:23 AM
What's a Sticky?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE: I found the noise! The outside of the rotor was rubbing on the brake hardware on the bottom of the caliper bracket. It wasn't bent, so I don't know why it was rubbing. But I put a new piece of hardware on there and no more noise!! I'm in a much better mood now...lol

Quick Reply: What the hell is my brake noise??