Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

anybody try these?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default anybody try these?

slotted and drilled rotors...what are your thouhts on them..I mean these in the link not just any of them

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...5bff12a3e6bd14

Last edited by Ego Killer; 10-12-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you tried searching? there are dozens of threads on these as well as other slotted and drilled rotors.

have you read the sticky at the top of the forum? slotted and drilled hurts braking performance and durability.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:01 PM
12 Second Club

actually, i have the drilled and slotted from the ws6 store and im probably the hardest person on brakes in the world (changed my pads 9 times in 2 years) and i absolutely love them! u can totally tell a complete diffrence. going from 120-140 to say 50 mph i would get horrible brake fade and my stock rotors warped pretty bad. ive done the same stops with the drilled and slotted brake fade was next to none it stops faster shorter and they have yet to warp had them for about 11 months.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THEBRAD
actually, i have the drilled and slotted from the ws6 store and im probably the hardest person on brakes in the world (changed my pads 9 times in 2 years) and i absolutely love them! u can totally tell a complete diffrence. going from 120-140 to say 50 mph i would get horrible brake fade and my stock rotors warped pretty bad. ive done the same stops with the drilled and slotted brake fade was next to none it stops faster shorter and they have yet to warp had them for about 11 months.
thanks for your input..

Originally Posted by OldeSkool
have you tried searching? there are dozens of threads on these as well as other slotted and drilled rotors.

have you read the sticky at the top of the forum? slotted and drilled hurts braking performance and durability.
have you tried leaving a reply without a smart comment?
Old 10-12-2007, 01:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 139 Likes on 90 Posts

I don't see any smart comments.... He's right, both about the sticky and the fact that drilling and or cutting slots in a rotor hurt it's integrity and cost you some amount of swept area.

The brake fade that the one gentleman eliminated would be pads. I bet he changed pads at the same time, and pads fade, rotors do not. And better pads make life easier on any rotor. Faded pads create more and more heat which is put into the rotor. Why? Because faded pads don't stop. You then pound on the brakes harder and longer and that builds more heat. Rotors are heat sinks, and the more mass there is, the better that heat is absorbed.

I have no doubt THEBRAD has better brakes. I just don't agree that it's because of the rotors being drilled or slotted. Could be because the rotors weren't glazed, or from better pads.....
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-13-2007, 11:31 AM
12 Second Club

actually i used brand new pads with both setups and they were the same ones also. just some autozone carbon metallics. i used them with the stockers and with the drilled and slotted. and the stockers had been turned because they were warped so they werent glazed the second time i put them on there with new pads, at least i hope not lol
Old 10-14-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

jason i have those drilled and slotted on my camaro and i have never had any problems with them
Old 10-15-2007, 11:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 139 Likes on 90 Posts

The same brand pad, but a different set of pads is indeed a pad change. And both pads and rotors can and do glaze. Drilling and/or slotting rotors does not help brake fade or bite in any way.

Most race cars do not use drilled rotors because that's metal that you're missing and can't contact the brake pad--it's like running smaller pads. Racing cars do use slotted rotors, but that's for gassing, and gassing is a race pad thing that happens when things get so hot the rotors glow red. Race cars don't usually have power brakes, and any gas boundary layer hurts the amount of force you can apply through the pads to the discs.

YMMV. Simply a matter of physics. Again, I don't doubt the car stops better. I disagree about why it does.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-15-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ego Killer
have you tried leaving a reply without a smart comment?
Don't take it personally. Check out the sticky and derive your own conclusion about brake rotors. Do search on ws6store rotorworks rotors and you will find your answers.

Quick Reply: anybody try these?