Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

best suspension set up for drag racing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 06:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best suspension set up for drag racing?

how should I set this up and what parts to get?, I've got a 2"(only 1.5lower)drop, I need to get the angle of the rear controll arm back to stock, but is there a good adjustable lower controll arm or any other beefie suspension parts you guys would reccomend?, also lemme know where to get them, thanks....
Old 06-09-2003, 07:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: best suspension set up for drag racing?

If your just doing drag, its one thing. If your gonna actually drive it around town after the races, its another.

I will not be doing much drag, but alot of street racing, and what I have decided upon (with tons of help from others, mainly trackbird) is in my sig on the way.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you're looking for the best drag racing setup, why'd you drop your car?

Either way, you'll definatly want some relocation brackets and a good set of LCAs. Look at an adjustable torque arm after that. To go even further, get some adjustable shocks.

You should have SFCs on the car already, along with an adjustable phr. Although those are mainly for handling, they're stuff that are important for other factors.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Deifently get rid of the drop if you want to get good E.T.'s...with a 1 & 3/4" drop with eibachs and bilsteins I was cutting barely into the 1.7's with Et streets and a cam, and full bolt ons, that was with a TH400 tranny too off the brake...

Now I have V8 springs in the rear, the HAL coil overs in the front, HAL 12 ways all around...they are great shocks...
Old 06-12-2003, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Boss, how is that setup for the street? I've been thinking about the Hal shocks + springs in the front, and the hals on stock springs out back. Also, how hard is it to adjust the Hals? Figure if you can set them soft for the strip, the turn it stiffer a few notches for the street you can get the best of both worlds.