Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question on poly vs. rubber

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on poly vs. rubber

I ordered the poly/rubber BMR non-adjuct tubular LCA's. However, when I received them a week and a half later, they arrived with Poly on both bushings. I figured it offered good performance and had better manners that poly/poly bushings.

My question is: Should I send it back? This car will see occasional track use, but mostly daily driving. Will I regret it if I keep the poly?

I am hesitant to go through sending it all back since I need to get these on rather soon to make a race I am wanting to go to. I never received any tracking info, even after asking.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

You could just call them and ask for the rubber replacement bushings and sleeves. They should send you enough to replace ALL of them (due to getting your order wrong in the first place, and to make up for poor customer service). This way, if you ever decide you want your car to handle/turn as well as launch/go fast straight, you can replace ALL of the poly with the high durometer rubber bushings. As far as I know, thier rubber bushings are a harder (higher durometer reading) than BOTH the 1LE bushings (which are no longer available) AND the Moog P.S. replacements for the stock LCAs, but obviously still "give" (and therefore bind less) more than the poly bushings. Sam??
Old 10-26-2007, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would send them back and get poly/rod or rubber/rod
Old 11-05-2007, 09:47 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by DEE99TA
I ordered the poly/rubber BMR non-adjuct tubular LCA's. However, when I received them a week and a half later, they arrived with Poly on both bushings. I figured it offered good performance and had better manners that poly/poly bushings.

My question is: Should I send it back? This car will see occasional track use, but mostly daily driving. Will I regret it if I keep the poly?

I am hesitant to go through sending it all back since I need to get these on rather soon to make a race I am wanting to go to. I never received any tracking info, even after asking.

Sorry about the mistake on your order, if you are still wanting the rubber bushings for the control arms just contact me here at the office.

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 11-05-2007, 10:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dailydriver
You could just call them and ask for the rubber replacement bushings and sleeves. They should send you enough to replace ALL of them (due to getting your order wrong in the first place, and to make up for poor customer service). This way, if you ever decide you want your car to handle/turn as well as launch/go fast straight, you can replace ALL of the poly with the high durometer rubber bushings. As far as I know, thier rubber bushings are a harder (higher durometer reading) than BOTH the 1LE bushings (which are no longer available) AND the Moog P.S. replacements for the stock LCAs, but obviously still "give" (and therefore bind less) more than the poly bushings. Sam??
The rubber will give more, but unless you get poly & rod end you'll still be losing articulation if you ever want to hit a autocross track or just got for a spirited drive down some local twisty roads. You want the poly or rubber to be on the end that bolts to the car itself & the rod end to the rear. This way if you hit a uneven bump it'll allow the rod end to articulate to keep maximum traction.

If only interested in straight line performance then the standard without rod end are just fine.