Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowered car- 1/2" variance between front left/right side?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 03:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Lowered car- 1/2" variance between front left/right side?

I recently lowered my car and when I finished I noticed that the front passenger side had a finger gap more than the drivers side. I assumed it was the alignment but I've had it done since and it is still higher on one side than the other. There is only one way to install springs. I've done it three times so I know I did it right. Could there be a broken bushing or something somewhere, maybe in the rack and pinion? The reason I'm wondering is because the front of the car now squeaks when turning at slow speeds, like when I'm parking the car. What's wrong with my suspension?
Old 06-13-2003, 07:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Lowered car- 1/2

You may have received a spring that was not "settled". Most springs are tensioned after they are made to help relax them to a final ride height. If that is the case, it may settle after a month or so.

Or, You may have something binding in the suspension (which may explain the squeak). Id loosen the sway bar mounts and bounce the front of the car then retorque them (with the weight of the car on the wheels, not on jackstands). See if that helps.

The third possibility is that the new angle of the tie rods etc is causing a slight binding at the ends of your steering travel....(but I doubt this is the reason).

Just my thoughts.

Kevin
Old 06-13-2003, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Lowered car- 1/2

Is the rear right or is one side higher also?

An adjustable panhard will help with that issue.