Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LT1 lowering springs, what drop?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 10:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by chavez885
I'm strongly considering switching to strano's after reading so much good info about his products. I currently have the prokit on eibach struts, it rides rougher than i'd LIKE and sits so low. Think eibach struts plus your springs would work well Sam? The height doesn't bother me,it's more the rough ride, we have alot of **** roads in oklahoma.
All you can do is try.... I hate to say it, but the few times I've run on Eibach dampers (Mustangs twice and a VW Jetta once), they were pretty bad. I acutally was teaching the guy with the Jetta @ an autocross school, and the car was rolling so fast, I was shocked (no pun intended). I actually told him that the car really needed some shocks when you lower them (not knowing what it had, only basing it off the lack of control) which is when I learned he had an Eibach "kit". Which is simply another example of how kits are usually more marketing than anything.

Measure you ride height, ground to fender (if you are on stock diameter tires) and let me know what it is. Most Eibach's sit lower than they should, some don't. The lower it is, the worse the ride because you have less working travel and get to the bumpstops harder and faster.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 12-09-2007, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sam you could give me a set of springs for my lt1 ta for xmas and I will send you some pictures back of how they look

I actually plan to get your springs and some koni shocks at some point. I shot my wad with the umi parts I got from you this summer as well as the 9in and alum driveshaft I picked up elsewhere.

I have one question Sam have you or anyone else ever heard of springs with Paxton marked on them. That is what is on my car and I am not real fond of them they ride very hard and the rear bottoms out on medium bumps pretty hard.

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I don't think I have any links to pics of LT1 TA's on my springs. But it's not hard to draw conclusions about the look. What I'd do is look at LT1's with Prokits, both Chevy and Pontiac and get an idea how they look vs. each other with the same springs. Then you can do the same with pics of my springs on Camaro's. We do not slam the car, and frankly look very much like a set of LT1 Pro-kits. I doubt I could tell you if my springs or LT1 Pro-kits were on a car.

As far as the shocks. The AGX's will handle my springs as well as any they'll handle any lowering springs of similar kind of rate. The shocks work the way the shocks work, pretty much regardless of the spring you have installed. I don't mean to imply they don't work together, they do. But the springs don't magically make X shock work better.

AGX's aren't my first choice because they just don't aren't as polished in the way they work on a lot of surfaces (the more bumps the more the AGX's show their price).
Old 12-10-2007, 11:03 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

I can't tell you for sure what they are, but they are most likely Eibachs since they will do private labeling, and are the biggest spring company. Might not be, it's in all honesty a guess without being able to see them out of the car.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: LT1 lowering springs, what drop?