Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need Spring/Shock Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Spring/Shock Help

need some help guys!!

I think I have finally decided on DMS springs (mainly b/c the G2 super springs aren't available). I like the drop/rake you get with the DMS, but wanted to know how well these things actually handle. My main goal is spirited street/highway driving with occasional (i.e. 5 times a year) trips to auto-x and texas world spdwy.

I am also in question about which shocks to get also. I have heard good things about the bilstien HD's and revalves from Strano; and also that some people are using the koni adjustables in the front. what are your opinions on these, especially in conjunction with the spring rate DMS offers.

I'll also be getting a t/a, lca's, aphr, and lca reloc brackets, just so you know what i'm working with.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Brandon
Old 06-19-2003, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need Spring/Shock Help

TTT

Mitchntx, Trackbird, Strano, Lou....I know ya'll as well as others could give me some great advice on this stuff!

-Brandon
Old 06-19-2003, 11:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Need Spring/Shock Help

I'll start off by saying that I have no practical experience with this paticular set of springs. And, that means that I have no info on the spring rates either. If I go on an assumption (I almost hate to do this, and likely shouldn't) that the rates are similar to the Eibach Pro kit (and they may not be anywhere close). If they are similar to the pro kit, I suspect that you will have very good luck with the SLP Bilstiens (or the Bilstien HD's). If you going to get serious with the autocross and track time, I will suggest saving pennies for Koni DA's (and read everything you can about adjustment, they don't help if you don't tune them). If you don't like to "twiddle" with ***** and such, the Bilstiens are likely the next best thing. I'd suggest calling Sam Strano for suggestions on the specific set of Bilstiens (for maximum track performance). Or, for "street duty" (and a budget) I don't think you can go very wrong with the SLP version of the Bilstiens. It really depends on exactly what you want to accomplish, that is why it is worth a phone call to Sam Strano. Just my thoughts.