Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Just installed the New susupension setup!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by White.Lightning
The reason why I want to replace them is the SLP bolt in SFCs that are on the car are rusted pretty bad. I guess I could clean them up and weld them in to save some cash. There is a "clunk" in my rear suspension. I am taking a educated guess and blaming it on the LCAs (stock- loose?) and PHR (UMI ? w/ spherical rod end- plain old noisy?). I couldnt tighten the LCA bolts with the car on jackstands in my driveway. I might have a local shop tighten the whole rear suspension for me before I begin buying parts to slap on there. The LCA's are cheap enough and the UMI tubular adjustable ones are probably twice as good as the stockers. Another guess is maybe a rear shock is bad. Who knows.

So maybe for Christmas I can buy myself Koni shocks and Strano springs?!?! Hehe

Andy
Most guys end up taking the SFC's off all together after putting good suspension on and realizing that the chassis is plenty stiff, it was the stock suspension that made the chassis feel sloppy. If I were you I would leave on the SFC's, and add the shocks/springs. Drive like that for a while, then take off the SFC's and see if you can tell a difference, if there is no difference you just saved some weight and money.

Quick Reply: Just installed the New susupension setup!!!