Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help with ladder bars on Chevelle

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 09:58 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with ladder bars on Chevelle

I am having trouble getting my car out of the hole the car is launching getting up on the tires and after the car is wheels up and then about 6" into the run it just blows the tires away. I need some help from a chassic guy I'm hoping that someone in here can help direct me.
From everything that I've read I should move my bars up in the front.
Should I?
The best 60 with this setup is 1.38 car has gone 8.93 I want to run the 8.5 index class but I need the car to have more control out of the hole.
not sure if i'm just plain over powering the tires or not, motor make 750hp and I'm putting a 36/32 n2o(approx 400 shot) tuneup in it from the hit. I'm switching to slicks for next year.

I have comp eng ladder bars on my chevelle, koni double adj shocks, m\t et streets 30" x 12.5, my car weighs 3240, I have 850lbs on each back tire, so i'm back half heavy (optimal or at least I thought)
My ladder bars are dead level, pinion angle is 3 deg down and my shocks are as loose as can be and the looser I make them the better the car gets, problem is I can't go any futher.

some help here guys should I just two stage the n2o or can I get 1000 to 1200 hp to the ground with the 30" x 12.5 tire.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Those are some pretty good times. I don't think you'll find many people with those times in this forum. At least I haven't seen many.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:49 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Those are some pretty good times. I don't think you'll find many people with those times in this forum. At least I haven't seen many.
I just looking to get some help with chassis tuning mainly the ladder bars. I know that there are not alot of people in here going that fast but there are some. I know how to make the power just not real good at applying it.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Move the bars down a hole in the front. Set your konis at 2 off tight on compression and 2 sweeps off loose on extension.

225-343-9029
Old 11-20-2007, 07:20 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Move the bars down a hole in the front. Set your konis at 2 off tight on compression and 2 sweeps off loose on extension.
I'm not arguing with you but why down I had two other guys tell me this before also just want to know why down from what I know if I move it down it will hit the tire less but apply more out further.
And I had my shocks set at 1 sweep ext and 8 clicks compression when I loosened the compression the car got a little better
Old 11-20-2007, 08:25 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Up makes it kill the tire at the hit but looses force down track. Down hits the tire picks up more weight and keeps the weight back for longer. Everytime you move the bar the shocks adjustments change. I run the extension tighter with the bar uphill and looser with it downhill. The compression is used to keep the tire from bouncing back up into the car after the tire wads up.

225-343-9029
Old 11-20-2007, 09:25 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Up makes it kill the tire at the hit but looses force down track. Down hits the tire picks up more weight and keeps the weight back for longer. Everytime you move the bar the shocks adjustments change. I run the extension tighter with the bar uphill and looser with it downhill. The compression is used to keep the tire from bouncing back up into the car after the tire wads up.
Thanks for the info this is the kind of information that I am looking for.
I need to learn more about chassis tuning

Quick Reply: Need help with ladder bars on Chevelle