Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need help reassembling strut!!! ASAP please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 04:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help reassembling strut!!! ASAP please!

ok so ive finally got some decent springs ready to go in today, but i ran into problems.. i got all the way to unmounting the stock spring assembly etc.. now my problem is reassembling it with the new lowering spring.. does anyone have a quick right up?.. i read the sticky in the process, but it does not mention any tricks or hints in reassembling the strut.. im having problems compressing the spring then after trying to install the shock with the rubber piece at top to hold it in place... trying several methods ive ran into the same problem with the little black plastic sleeve touching the compressors misallinging the shock stud.. any help would be appreciated.. i quit today since the night lights came sooner.. so hopefully i can get some input from you guys by tonight and get to work tomorrow morning.. thanks guys
Old 11-22-2007, 05:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This should help
Old 11-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Launching!

naw.. that doesnt i used that as a template... but im talking about the assembly itself
Old 11-22-2007, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Your best bet is to find a spring compressor, bud. I know it's a pain in the ***, but quicker, and safer. I'm not sure if I'm on track or not, but I just installed Konis a little over two weeks ago, and found one front to be harder than the other. I used an actual wall mounted spring compressor, not the rent a tool pieces you see in the write up. I hope this helps.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:28 AM
Launching!

finally got it to work.. my problem lied in the original spring compressor i was using it was just too bulky for that plast sleeve on the shock..borrowed a friends other spring compressor and everythign worked out.. lookin pretty good, but now ive notice my pass rear doesnt seem to be sitting right or something? i dont know.. its noticeably sitting maybe a half inch or less higher than the other three corners. anyone know what could be wrong?
Old 11-23-2007, 06:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Drive it around and it should settle down a bit.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

make sure the springs end is ran in to the stoppers end