Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

new springs ...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new springs ...

k i have eibach sport line springs on my car now .. dont like the way the front sits a little lower then the back ...i want it even ...also i want to put headers and exhuast system on it ..but i think its too low ?? Im think the ebach pro-kit or hotchkis what is the best for the look i want which is a even stance and for clearance with my exhuast and headers i want to eventually put on .....thanks guys ...if you go to the link you will see my car and how it sits right now

http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewga...php?carid=9893
Old 12-01-2007, 07:17 AM
On The Tree

soo no one can help me here ???
Old 12-01-2007, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

1. do the heater hose mod to even the stance out and lower the rear.https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...1&page=1&pp=20
2. good luck driving with LTs with the car that low, id raise it up a lil. If ur thinking about tds you will def have to raise it up. Id go with hotchkiss or better yet strano springs.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you like the height of the rear springs, but you think the front is too low, you could swap your front sportlines for someone else's prokit fronts....that will bring the fronts up a bit and level it out.

if you like the way the front is, and you think the rear is too high, do the heater hose mod....a search will find plenty info on that.

but i'm going to agree with unSStoppable.....i'd ditch the eibachs altogether and get some Strano springs.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Default cool

thanks guys ....but what do you think about the hotchkis ...no good or what ??? i like the way my back end sits that how i want the front ...but i will like the same type of springs on both ...also ...what are the Strano springs like with headers and a y pipe or true duals ????

Last edited by jdrummer; 12-01-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i don't know much about the hotchkis, haven't really read many things about them on here, either good or bad.

as for the Strano springs and ground clearance with headers/TD's, that all depends on the particular headers & TD's.

definitely stay away from SLP headers, those hang the lowest of any LT's out there. and some people have their TD's hang low, others are able to get them to tuck pretty well.

do some reading in the exhaust section, and you should be able to find out all about this subject.