Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Whats the difference?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the difference?

What is the difference between drag springs and lowering springs? I know one is used for function and the other is used for more cosmetic reasons, but what is the difference between the actual spring, as in size, material, ride height?

When I bought my car it was already lowered, the rubs the **** out of the current tires on the outside when i get on it at all, and it feels like i'm going through the bottom of the car if i hit a bump, i'd like to soften it up a lil and prevent the rubbing also without messing with the fenders. Would stock springs be enough? I'm not too concerned with launch or it being lowered, although I like the look.

If i put stock springs on the back and left the front lowered, would that look like or would it be ok?
Old 12-06-2007, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drag springs are to enhance weight transfer during launch. You just need better springs unless you plan on drag racing. Stock springs would fix your ride issue. Strano springs would keep it lowered and improve your ride a lot. Cut stock springs is another option (stock-like ride and whatever height you want, cheap).