Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Which headers have the best clearance?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which headers have the best clearance?

I'm not sure if there have been other threads on this. I'm, lowered with a pro-kit and I am wanting to do full exhaust. I am having a very hard time deciding what headers to go with. I'm pretty positive I'm not going with SLPs headers because I've heard they have the worst clearance. Plus, SLP is always overpriced. So which headers would you guys say tuck up the best? I dont want to have to constantly worry about scraping. I drive my car everyday. I was thinking of even going with shorty headers to avoid the issue all together. But I dont know. I plan on doing true dual exhaust all the way out the back. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you even try to research this topic? It has been brought up many times on here, and there is a lot of information about this exact topic.

If you are gonna do shorties, don't bother even doing it at all. I've been lowered with Kooks LTs for a long time (3+ years), and I've NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER scraped the headers themselves. As long as you don't have SLP headers, they will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be the lowest part of your exhaust. That will occur right after the driver's side collector where most of these exhaust systems have to have a dip of some sort (my old Kooks catted y-pipe was actually crushed a little at that point for maximum ground clearance).

Kooks, ARH, and QTP would be my choices, and in that order. My Kooks headers couldn't have installed any more easily, and they have been great for me. Tucked well, no clearance issues of any sort. ARH and QTP also make great products, but I can't personally vouch for them as I've never laid my fingers on them. The only other header I've ever installed were Pacesetters, and those also fit well, but weren't stainless.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

no i didnt search, sorry. But thanks for the reply. I will look into Kooks. What about Jet-hot's headers. anyone have experience with those?
Old 12-09-2007, 06:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

i had jet hotts and the headers wernt to bad but the y pipe was terrible. both catted and ORY hit. my car is about 1.5" lowered i run kooks now and i have tons of ground clearance now. even the bigger speed bumps with 2 people in the car is no worries anymore. also the kooks pretty much fall into place when you put them in
Old 12-09-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Search.....

Quick Reply: Which headers have the best clearance?