Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Blistein BTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blistein BTS

Does anyone know exactly how much the Blistein BTS package will lower my Z28?? I can find the kit a lot of different places but even the Blistein website doesnt have ride heights...
Old 12-17-2007, 09:01 AM
TECH Resident

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...t=bts+bilstein

here ya go
Old 12-17-2007, 02:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

The BTS "kit" isn't very good. The quoted lowering is 30mm, however that tends to vary and some cars are dropped much more than the 1.2 they claim. Also, the shocks are not valved for the springs despite the claim. And the springs themselves are far to stiff IMHO than they should be in the rear of the car.

While the link reports the guys likes them, many do not. I've replaced more than one set of BTS's with other setups because not everyone likes them so much. I'm not crazy about them for the reasons stated above.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-17-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
The BTS "kit" isn't very good. The quoted lowering is 30mm, however that tends to vary and some cars are dropped much more than the 1.2 they claim. Also, the shocks are not valved for the springs despite the claim. And the springs themselves are far to stiff IMHO than they should be in the rear of the car.

While the link reports the guys likes them, many do not. I've replaced more than one set of BTS's with other setups because not everyone likes them so much. I'm not crazy about them for the reasons stated above.
Thanks for the input Sam. I was only looking to drop the car about 1"-1.2" so if these drop more than that it is not really what I am looking for. I am also beginning to autocross a lot here in phoenix and I was wondering if you have any suggestions for me for a good shock/strut setup. I dont have the money to buy koni's or else I would... but I am looking for something around $600 total for a decent shock and strut setup that will only lower the car about 1"-1.2" overall. Thanks for the input.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

You usually get what you pay for with suspension parts. I'd love to tell you there is a great setup of shocks and springs for your price. There isn't. The shocks are the lynch-pin to these car working correctly. Not that all the other stuff doens't matter, they do. But a car with poor shocks will never work the way it should.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-17-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only way you might be able to get Koni's for 600 is if they are used...

But I don't think anyone takes them off their car once they have them (unless going to a Penske/Motron setup )