Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What do ya'll think of the BMR Trak Pak?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 05:11 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What do ya'll think of the BMR Trak Pak?

Im considering using this torque arm because Im looking for one to use in a non-stock mounting location. The only others that I know of, are from Madman, Spohn, and the BMR Xtreme. Im not so sure that I will ever need the BMR Xtreme because I dont think that Ill ever be faster than 10.50s. So I stepped down a bit and "discovered" their Trak Pak version. It seems that the design and mounting location is the same, the only difference is the extra tubing support for extra strength and not to forget, the $200 price difference. What else differs betweent the 2? I also noticed that the Trak Pak is offered in chromoly, is it really worth the extra $100? I know that chromoly is lighter and stronger, but by how much? How street friendly is the Trak Pak versus the Xtreme? How does it compare to the Spohn torque arm? Lastly, for those that are using it, give me some feedback on what you think of it, how it performs, and if you could do it all over again, would you have gone with something different. Thanks a lot.
Old 06-28-2003, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What do ya'll think of the BMR Trak Pak?

the only thing i don't like about my Trak Pak is the crossbrace. It hangs extremely low on my car to clear the FLP Y-pipe.

Madman's torque arm is nice, but it's expensive. I don't know much about the spohn.

I'm currently working on getting some measurements and stuff and am going to try and get a new crossmember made for my torque arm to go above the exhaust.
Old 06-29-2003, 02:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: What do ya'll think of the BMR Trak Pak?

I have the trak pak as well and I do like it but the cross brace does hang low, Its the only thing I ever scrape on actually. The difference between it and the Extreme version is there are more cross-sectional bars on the tq arm itself when compared to the trak pak version, I must say this along with the control arms eliminated wheel hop completely and really helped the car as far as straight line performance is concerned.

Quick Reply: What do ya'll think of the BMR Trak Pak?