Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Want to subscribe for later. Have to try and rebuild some front calipers
Old 03-16-2012, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think you can get just the seal kits at rockauto.com too, but good luck actually putting it back together, i worked on 1 for about 2 hours the other day and couldn't get the dust seal to go back on the outside lip of the piston
Old 03-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by shepss217
i think you can get just the seal kits at rockauto.com too, but good luck actually putting it back together, i worked on 1 for about 2 hours the other day and couldn't get the dust seal to go back on the outside lip of the piston
yeh I sand blasted them and took em apart, but noticed one caliper's pistons were different than the other set, pissed off cause bought these off the internet (normally i pull em myself)... so I am actually looking to buy some pistons too if I can, i think they are $24 each through rockauto.com, as soon as I can verify what is going on with these, ill be buying them... i would normally just throw the set out but i dont wanna lose the money i paid for them... they were not in the condition advertised, but just moving forward instead of wasting time filing claims, shipping stuff back etc.

Old 01-22-2022, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Y2KFirehawk
Very informative thread. Thanks!
13 years later, I made my way back to this thread and find myself previously commenting. LOL I discovered one of of the pistons seized in one of my front calipers. As I read through http://installuniversity.com/ls1/ins...r-rebuild.html I started searching for the P/N on here and bam, I'm back... Looks like the way in 2022 is just replacing the caliper.
Old 01-22-2022, 12:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,897 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Looks like the repair kit for a front consists of just four rubber seals but I would think there's more to a rebuild kit then just that. I wouldn't mind rebuilding some that I have even though I've already replaced them.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...=1720&jsn=1029
Old 01-22-2022, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 242 Likes on 198 Posts

zombie thread resurrection ! ....I totally rebuilt mine....it was fun.....the trick on the boot covers is....install on the caliper first them finagle the piston into the boot....I could never get the boot on the caliper with it on the piston already

the rears were a pain....could hardly get the new pistons in the caliper bores

Quick Reply: WTB: LS1 Caliper rebuild kit