Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What to use with 12 Bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow What to use with 12 Bolt?

I installed a monsterous Moser 12 bolt in my 99 SS last summer and it destroyed the cars balance. I don`t think the stock suspension hardware is at all up to the task of controling such a heavy piece. Before I put it away for winter, I hit a high speed bump and damn near spun out. It felt like the suspension bottomed out. I never experianced that with the 10 bolt.

All that being said, what springs do you guys suggest? I`m going to get the koni`s from Strano, do you think his springs are the best choice to handle the added wieght? This is just a street car by the way. I`m only looking to make this car handle like what I think an SS should handle like, and that is pretty well.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GIJosh
I installed a monsterous Moser 12 bolt in my 99 SS last summer and it destroyed the cars balance. I don`t think the stock suspension hardware is at all up to the task of controling such a heavy piece. Before I put it away for winter, I hit a high speed bump and damn near spun out. It felt like the suspension bottomed out. I never experianced that with the 10 bolt.

All that being said, what springs do you guys suggest? I`m going to get the koni`s from Strano, do you think his springs are the best choice to handle the added wieght? This is just a street car by the way. I`m only looking to make this car handle like what I think an SS should handle like, and that is pretty well.
My moser 12 bolt threw my cars suspension off as well, but Ive had the Konis and strano springs and everything before the 12 bolt.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LSGunZ28
My moser 12 bolt threw my cars suspension off as well, but Ive had the Konis and strano springs and everything before the 12 bolt.
What does it feel like exactly?? I was gonna start saving for a 12 bolt after my H/C etc.. and torque converter and tranny cooler install. Does it affect the balance and handling of the car? I go to the strip but really enjoy the twisties so i think i need to look into this more. Don't mean to hijack. Maybe I need to start a thread on this? hmmmm........
Old 01-19-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get the strano springs as well and dont look back.