Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

aftermarket k member

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default aftermarket k member

so when i bought my car it already had a aftermarket k member which i dont know which brand but it is red
and well what has happend is i broke it at the crossmember where the motor mounts on the driver side and also had cracks on passger side and other places
anybody else have problems like these with aftermarket k member
Old 02-10-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There have been issues in the past with cracking aftermarket k-frames. I haven't heard of any breaking recently, but if you bought it like that, it may be an older model.

You might want to look into the BMR k-frame as a replacement, as it is on sale a few threads below this one.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
so when i bought my car it already had a aftermarket k member which i dont know which brand but it is red
and well what has happend is i broke it at the crossmember where the motor mounts on the driver side and also had cracks on passger side and other places
Hey post up some pics and let see what happened to it. Ill but it from you.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you post some pics, it is very likely that you have a BMR K member in the car now. I am curious to see what brand/version you have.

Ryan
Old 02-11-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Heard this several times with the BMR Ks. Most of them just are not designed to be run on the street. Might want to check out UMIs road racing version. Its a little heavier, but I've never heard of any of them break.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
Yep I have. Don't remember what I did with the pics I had on file (never posted them anywhere on the net), but I can say that they were all quite disastrous. Each one I tried were from different manufacturers and while only one of them didn't break, the others were quite flimsy due to their design.

Like hpjunky98 mentions, I'd try the UMI one. Not only did they take in consideration of what rigours the K-member is designed for, but also collaborated with Sam Strano on their initial design, and were very receptive with input from many of the FRRAX members on the modifications for their now available road racing version.

Quick Reply: aftermarket k member