Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

1 1/2"

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1 1/2"

I came across a full set of used Eibachi (sp?) 1 1/2" lowering springs for $150. I havent purchased them yet because of certain reservations I'm trying to figure out first before spending the cash.

First off The Springs came off another Firebird/Trans Am, but the vehicle was on stock 16" Rims. Im currently running 18" C6 rims 9.5 fronts and 10.5 rears. The thing is I have never understood about the spacing n' such but was wondering if anyone had any kinda clue/opinion if I will have enough clearence in the fender wells.

From what I understand if I went with the Eibachi pro kit that it drops a car down 1" all the way around. Since Im running 18" and not 16" rims then in that aspect 1" should put the car back at stock height. The extra 1/2" should make my ride look pretty damn good sittin on 18's then, that is if Im even correct. I also plan to pick up some Bilstein shocks/struts to compensate for the drop.

So how bout it you guru's.. whatcha think I should do? Jump on it or pass.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be fine with the pro kit. You might have to do a little bfh on the inner fender well. Pro kit isn't that low.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Teching In

The amount of drop will depend on your overall tire diameter. The rim size doesn't matter if your still running a close to stock overall size.

Ex: If the stock diameter is 26.5" w/ 16's (245/50) and you're now running 18's, but w/ a shorter sidewall (275/35), the diameter will probably be close giving you about the same advertised drop.

I just threw those #'s out there, so don't go by them....

Like fast 377 said, I'd be more worried about clearance issues.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I understood these springs are not the Pro Kit series.. he says they are 1.5 drops made from Ebachi. Black with the Ebachi name log n' all.

I went and saw the guy to day. got em to knock 25 off the price so I said what the hell.. bought em. If I dont like em I can always put my stocks back on and if I do... my next mod will be.. And at least my shocks will have gotten a just due replacement upgrade and the C6's will finally look kick ***. Im still worried bout the Clearence issues mainly.

So anyone know where I can get a good set of quality shocks for around $150-200 bucks to keep this upgrade flow goin?
Old 02-15-2008, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the same style and size wheels as you. I have/had the pro-kit. I'm running a 5/16" spacer and had to do some BFH mod to eliminate all rubbing. However I now have different rear springs. Pro-kit sag blows.
Originally Posted by gspfunk
The amount of drop will depend on your overall tire diameter. The rim size doesn't matter if your still running a close to stock overall size.

Ex: If the stock diameter is 26.5" w/ 16's (245/50) and you're now running 18's, but w/ a shorter sidewall (275/35), the diameter will probably be close giving you about the same advertised drop.

I just threw those #'s out there, so don't go by them....

Like fast 377 said, I'd be more worried about clearance issues.
Stock tire diameter is 25.6"