Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Trouble removing lower control arms(A-Arm)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 02:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble removing lower control arms(A-Arm)

Does anyone know how to remove the verticle bolt that holds the front lower control arm on? I got the nut off, but the bolt doesn't have enough clearance to be pushed out through the top, it is hitting the body. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as my car is torn apart and I am running out of patience.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Usually, the bolt would go in from the botom, so the problem you're having wouldn't occur. Sounds like someone has ahd the car apart before. Are you the original owner?

Anyway, you might have to loosen the K-Member and drop it a little until you have room to get the bolt out. When you replace it, put it in from the bottom and the nut on top.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Teching In

No, I am not the original owner. I loosened the bolts on the K member, but it only dropped a little, do I have to loosen all of the K member bolts or just the ones on the side I am doing?
Old 02-19-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Regular

Hard to say Kevin because as he said they don't come like that so everybody else is going to know how to do it when they pull out from the bottom. At some point it may be easyer to cut the bolts off as short as possible to get them out and then get new ones to put in the right way going back.

Vernon