Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Full Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Suspension

I am about to order some Shocks/Struts ,3 point sfc, Rear LCA , panhard, and a Torque Arm. My car is a Daily Driver on the horrible streets of Winnipeg.
I will probably go to the track once a year if that. Do i get Poly bushings or QA1 rod ends? Ride quality is a huge factor but so is binding ... so i`m torn betwwen the 2. Also SHOCKS, what are the best RIDE QUALITY shocks out there, A comfortable ride is more important the cornering ability? Bilsteins , Konis, Tokiko, KYB i have no idea ( Roughest roads in the world in Winnipeg )

And Fasttoys can you get me UMI stuff ? i love UMI, but i hate how UPS screws us Canucks.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

If the streets are so terrible and your that worried about comfort why would you want to go change out your stock suspension?
Old 02-23-2008, 01:01 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Boother
I am about to order some Shocks/Struts ,3 point sfc, Rear LCA , panhard, and a Torque Arm. My car is a Daily Driver on the horrible streets of Winnipeg.
I will probably go to the track once a year if that. Do i get Poly bushings or QA1 rod ends? Ride quality is a huge factor but so is binding ... so i`m torn betwwen the 2. Also SHOCKS, what are the best RIDE QUALITY shocks out there, A comfortable ride is more important the cornering ability? Bilsteins , Konis, Tokiko, KYB i have no idea ( Roughest roads in the world in Winnipeg )

And Fasttoys can you get me UMI stuff ? i love UMI, but i hate how UPS screws us Canucks.
We have several Canadian distributors that would be happy to explain our product line to you. You guys have to be loving the current exchange rates

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 02-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Shockwave179
If the streets are so terrible and your that worried about comfort why would you want to go change out your stock suspension?
I have DeCarbon shocks that at one point were attached to the worst lowering springs of all time (Sportlines) and they are Sh*t anyway, My Panhard & LCA`s are stock and the bushings are shot, and Subframe Connectors are an awesome mod anytime (correct me if i'm wrong). I want to buy these parts Very Very soon. Shocks are the only thing that im unsure about, But i need better ride quality STAT.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

LCA's might hurt your ride quality, also many have had ride quality go down after installing SFCs as well.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

You need to call Sam Strano and order a set of Konis. Do that first and see where you stand. It WILL be a new car, guaranteed. Double up? Get the sway bars too. My Bilsteins alone made more difference than everything else combined and was the only mod to actually make the car more comfortable. Konis would be even better, assuming to set them closer to full soft.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Call Fast toys they are in Winnipeg .Fast toys have any thing you need.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have rod end/poly on my lca's and panhard rod for my daily driver and its very streetable. The only time I hear extra noise is when I'm backing out of my garage downhill.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the interest. I can put you in touch with one of our Canadian dealers.. we have a couple of them! Or yes Fast Toys can also get our items.

Please know and I can send over the other dealers information that is located in Canada.

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 02-23-2008, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

......, but i hate how UPS screws us Canucks.

Just curious. I've worked for UPS about 13 years now. Always deal with a bunch of ODC Canada packages on a daily basis. How does UPS screw you guys? Just with the rates?

And to get back on topic, +1 for UMI Products!
Old 02-23-2008, 08:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

UPS isn't really that bad on the Canada shipments. If you compare them to USPS there shipping rates are about 50% lower but there brokerage fee's are much higher then the postal service.

We have a new UPS system where we can charge and quote the buyer there brokerage fee's and taxes up front so they pay nothing else when the package arrives. There is no hidden surprises when delivered. This system allows us to consolidate packages entering Canada which lowers the brokerage fee's and allows us to offer the savings to the buyer.

If anyone would like a quote on shipping items to Canada please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you!
Ryan

Quick Reply: Full Suspension