Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Ground Control Coilover Spring Rate

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ground Control Coilover Spring Rate

I have a 2000 Trans Am and I'm about to lower it with Ground Control Coilovers. The car is basically stock and the spring rates I was looking to use were going to be 400# Fronts and I believe 180# rears. This car will be basically mostly street/occasional drag. NO AutoX. Will these spring rates be comfortable with upgraded shocks of course to match them? Any information appreciated.

Old 07-19-2003, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Ground Control Coilover Spring Rate

You should be fine. I know a couple of guys running 500# springs and they have no complaints.
Old 07-19-2003, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is a little soft (in my opinion) for performance use, but it is still heavier than stock. If you have a "driver" and are looking to lower it and keep a reasonably stock ride (it will be a little different), that is a reasonable way to go.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:28 AM
Teching In

I just put coil overs up front and would not go much softer than 450's. I put 500's on and the ride is not harsh at all. I am using Bilsteins upfront as well and I find the ride very compliant. Additionally I would go anywhere in the 140-160 range in the rear. PM if you want any more info, but from my experience and driving in differnet spring rate cars, I would say the 500/150 combo would be your best bet for a nice compliant and handling ride.

Quick Reply: Ground Control Coilover Spring Rate