Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

PRO KIT VS. SPORTLINE (drag)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PRO KIT VS. SPORTLINE (drag)

So i'm deciding whether to buy the eibach pro kit or sportline springs. Now I know the sportlines can ride a bit ruff but I plan to do shocks this summer so hopefully it'll even that out and I absolutly love how they make the car sit. Now my question is would there be a considerable difference in launching for drag racing. The car is mainly only used for street racing and going in a straightline so the cornering isnt a huge concern I just wanna know if there would be any advantages to running one over the other for drag racing. Thanks
Old 03-05-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

i dont think i would recommend either kits from eibach for drag racing. personally i would go with afco or qa1 coilovers either single or double adjustable and thn get a comptible drag race spring. spohn the sponsor on here has a front and rear coilover kit. you can adjust a bunch of things and ride height is one of them.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

Sportline = crap. They ride rough because they bounce off of the bump stops. No shock can fix a spring that is too low for the spring rate.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Alright well did some research an sportlines are out. So i'll prbly buy a pro kit or UMI springs for now an when i get serious about the racing go to a full drag suspension
Old 03-06-2008, 10:07 AM
TECH Junkie

I'm not a drag racer but if you lower the car, you angle the control arms down from the axle to the chassis and also won't be able to transfer weight. Sounds like you would considerably hurt your 60 times.

If you just drag casually for fun and not chasing any times, then you can obviously use any spring shock combination or focus on tuning the suspension for daily driveability or handling etc
Old 03-06-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

My car dropped 60ft times and was much better all around when I put the Hypercoils on 4 years ago with stock shocks. I can only imagine how much better it would have been on QA1's or Konis!! I would recommend Stranos, Vogtlands, or LG Motorsports. http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog...oducts_id=1448

http://www.ls1speed.com/catagory.cfm...%20/%20Chassis

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...ID=0&ModelID=7

Last edited by Redlinez; 03-06-2008 at 11:38 AM.