Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Uneasy suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Uneasy suspension

Hey whats up everyone, i just got my car about a week ago. Its 95 Z28 and above hundred mph it gets real woobly and is all over the place. It does have lowering prings but no idea what kind or anything. Anything less than 100 its fine and drive like a champ, but above that it alomst feels like its floating. Any ideas? I am probably going to get it aligned and put some subframe connectors under it with a eibach drag launch kit. Would this help or anyone know?
Old 03-23-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SCott5
Hey whats up everyone, i just got my car about a week ago. Its 95 Z28 and above hundred mph it gets real woobly and is all over the place. It does have lowering prings but no idea what kind or anything. Anything less than 100 its fine and drive like a champ, but above that it alomst feels like its floating. Any ideas? I am probably going to get it aligned and put some subframe connectors under it with a eibach drag launch kit. Would this help or anyone know?
That might make it worse... The SFC's won't do anything, and the drag springs will most likely make the car bouncy and harsh.
A Floaty, disconnected feel = shocks that cannot damper your springs.
Try to find out what kind of shocks and springs you have. The stock shocks are orange/black, and I would bet you're on the stockers which would be the problem. Call up Sam Strano at stranoparts.com and he will recommend you some good shocks for your budget.
I can tell you from personal experience, the Koni SA's shocks on my car are BY FAR the best mod I've done, and I personally wouldn't own another fbody without them, they are that much of an improvement. Its behaves and rides more like a BMW.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Yep, you have a damping issue (or rather, a lack thereof). One of the classic symptoms. And JD's right, SFC's and drag springs won't help and will make it worse respectively.

As for it being "fine" under 100, I buy it's better. But when you get some good shocks on it (or even just better ones), you'll realize it's not so good there either.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!