Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

? on koni 1le shocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? on koni 1le shocks

Ok my ride is an 02 SS with the 1le package. My question is can i soften these koni's up? Checking the adjusting spot on the bottom of the shock it is all the way to the left and it has about 10 or so clicks it can go to the right. I have not messed with these but the car launches at the strip like the front is tied down and will not transfer hardly any weight even with the front swaybar disconnected.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

1LE cars supposedly came with a manual in the glove box that tells how to adjust the shocks and what kind of effect it will have.
You have the Koni DA shocks, so you can adjust both compression and rebound.
I'm pretty what you are looking at is the compression adjuster. The rebound adjuster should be near the top on the side. I guess you can just adjust both of them to the softer side for better weight transfer.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

The rebound is usually set at or near full soft from the factory. Might not be, but my guess is there isn't much to go down. Bump already is (given the statement). Let's not forget the rear springs are quite stiff, stiffer in fact than many "stiffer" lowering springs-including mine. Why are my rear springs softer? For better bite out of corners, or in this case a straight line.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-31-2008, 06:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i bought the car in 06 and it didn't have the manual, had everything but that, i'll do a little more researching on them and see what i can dig up, but i'm thinking they are already set as soft as they will go. Might try some softer springs on the rear and see what that yields me. I'm not taking my koni's out, i have already dropped what the car is worth from all the mods i have done to it, but that is one thing i won't change, i still like going to the mountains in it occasionally. Thanks for the help guys