Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need Help Picking Out Front Suspension - Iron Block 408

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Picking Out Front Suspension - Iron Block 408

Ok fellas, I know it's a long time over due but I need some help choosing which aftermarket front suspension components to go with. This car is driven on the street, but I can sacrifice some streetability for performance at the track if need be. I do have 9inch w/ spool and True Duals dumped...

The problem that I am facing is at the track after launching when going into second gear my car sometimes nose dives and scrapes my front bumper on the track (I have a 6speed). Somehow my oil filter even came lose one time. Let me also note that I don't have any weight reduction done and everything is stock on the front suspension. I do have my front sway bar removed.

Temporarily I am thinking about purchasing 4 BMR spacers to put 2 on each side. That would give me an extra inch of clearance. Any thoughts on this?

What if I just replaced my front springs with QA1 325lb springs? Would this help with the front traveling so far back down and scraping the ground? What springs would you recommend?

If I bought adjustable shocks, would single adjustables be good enough or do you think I need double adjustable? What is the difference in the two?

ANY help is greatly appreciated!!!

TIA!
- Rusty
Old 04-07-2008, 02:46 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 00BlacknWhiteSS
Ok fellas, I know it's a long time over due but I need some help choosing which aftermarket front suspension components to go with. This car is driven on the street, but I can sacrifice some streetability for performance at the track if need be. I do have 9inch w/ spool and True Duals dumped...

The problem that I am facing is at the track after launching when going into second gear my car sometimes nose dives and scrapes my front bumper on the track (I have a 6speed). Somehow my oil filter even came lose one time. Let me also note that I don't have any weight reduction done and everything is stock on the front suspension. I do have my front sway bar removed.

Temporarily I am thinking about purchasing 4 BMR spacers to put 2 on each side. That would give me an extra inch of clearance. Any thoughts on this?

What if I just replaced my front springs with QA1 325lb springs? Would this help with the front traveling so far back down and scraping the ground? What springs would you recommend?

If I bought adjustable shocks, would single adjustables be good enough or do you think I need double adjustable? What is the difference in the two?

ANY help is greatly appreciated!!!

TIA!
- Rusty
I would recommend looking into a stiffer set of front springs and/or a set of double adjustable front shocks to help settle the front end down slower.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 04-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you for replying!

Will the Single Adjustable QA1 Drag Race "R" allow the front of my car to settle down slower? Doubles are $$$.

When you said you would look into a stiffer set of springs did you mean stiffer than 325lb?

Is the stock springs stiffer than 325lb? How does it compare to the 325lb spring?

Thanks Again!!
- Rusty
Old 04-07-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Pa Racing

I got a forged 6.0 in my camaro with a APS TT and jason at PA Racing sold me a set of AFCO front springs rated at 350 and a set of strange single adjustable shocks that are pre rated meaning no need to set the pull and push of the shock like Q1As do ! He said it would be a waste of money for me to invest in the dual setting shocks in the front unless i was all out road racing or strickly track.This is what he told me !Do you guys have any input on these ? Not a highjacking LOL!!Im trying to help guy, at the same time help me LOL

Last edited by barnat; 04-08-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look into strano if you look for springs.

Quick Reply: Need Help Picking Out Front Suspension - Iron Block 408